Troy lighting is one of the newer names that you might see in the lighting fixture industry, but that shouldn’t stop you from getting into their catalog of products. I was skeptical at first, but I decided to give them a shot, and boy am I glad that I did! I’d like to say that I enjoy the classier things in life, but I’m not a snob about it; I just enjoy having my house (and anything that’s related to it) look nice. Not only inside, but outside as well. As a result, I found myself in a little predicament. I had to figure out which outdoor traditional fixture I was going to make use of, and I had no idea that it was going to be as tough as it was. I’m not going to sit here and tell you that I’m an expert in the industry of outdoor lighting, I’m just an average dude who was looking to light his patio up – but I definitely learned a lot while I was doing some research. This review is going to be covering the Troy Lighting B2962 French Quarter Collection 2-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern (with an Aged Pewter Finish and Clear Glass), the outdoor wall lantern that I decided to bless my house with. You might not even know what makes a wall lantern as fantastic as this one, so let’s break it down quickly:
- Price – You might be able to afford an expensive one, but make sure that the quality is going to match up with the price. The Troy Lighting B2962 French Quarter Collection model is expensive, but it brings a lot to the table (including things that plenty of other cheap alternatives lack).
- Branding – Troy is a more reputable company, although its new in my mind (it isn’t exactly new on the market, though). As a result, I pretty much knew that the lantern I would be getting was going to be of the highest quality; those online reviews pretty much spoke for themselves.
- Time – Time can be very, very dangerous to wall lanterns like this one – except they made sure the materials were as weather-resistant as possible! The weather won’t break down this lantern at an accelerated rate, which tends to occur with cheaper varieties. Don’t spring for the cheap stuff right away, as quality can be important in (almost) every single case.
- Effective – Does the lantern you’re looking at provide enough light? If it doesn’t, it’s probably got absolutely no business being on your property (I’m just saying!).
I had to consult with my wife before I picked the final wall lantern, because she has as much of a say in the matter as I do; I had to almost convince her that this was the wall lantern we needed. I did it (obviously!), but I can tell you right now that it wasn’t easy. This is a pretty pricey wall lantern to make use of, especially if you want to get two (like I did). It’s 7 inches wide with a 24 inch height – there’s also a 9.5 inch extension to take into account. The lantern itself is rather large, but it isn’t the biggest on the market; the price is pretty much due to the look and materials that this wall lantern makes use of.
Pro’s & Con’s
- Is a great light to make use of all around – I love absolutely everything about the look of this particular product
- Has two 60-watt candelabra base incandescent bulbs as its light source
- Aged pewter finish with clear glass tagging along
- UL rated for those incredibly wet locations!
- A classic design that draws the attention of anybody walking by, it just looks that gorgeous
- Relatively easy to install
- Is a large lantern with a light weight – only weights 11.7 pounds (which is light, considering the fact that it’s 25 inches tall!)
- Equipped with 120 volts
- No batteries needed!
- It’s expensive, but it’s also on sale for 26% off at this point
- This is one of the priciest (if not the priciest) wall lanterns that you’re going to see – it’s going to cost you about $476 to own it!
- Is rather large, but you already knew that! If you’re not looking for a larger lantern, then this just isn’t the lantern for you
The only real con that I could conjure up was that this wall lantern was expensive, and I pretty much made that clear from the very beginning of this review. I have nothing but great things to say about the Troy Lighting B2962 French Quarter Collection 2-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern (with Aged Pewter Finish and Clear Glass). This isn’t the first wall lantern that I’ve purchased, but it’s definitely going to be the last; I plan on making use of these bad boys for a long time!