Outdoor wall lanterns have the ability to completely change your properties look, and that’s why so many people make it their mission to incorporate them. The Savoy House 07071-BLK Exterior Collections 3-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern is unique in a few different ways, which is why I’m going to be reviewing it today. I’ve always felt like the perfect outdoor light can bring any property on this planet together, especially something like a porch or a patio. I was looking to host a rather big party for my sister’s birthday (she was turning 33, and I’m the younger sister being only 29) – but the backyard patio we had set-up lacked a lot of light. We didn’t go out much when the dark came around, so me and my husband didn’t think it was that big of a deal; that is, until we realized our guests would be sitting in the dark! As a result, I took it upon myself to find some of the best outdoor traditional light fixtures. I looked high and low, and it actually took me a little bit of research before I finally settled on this product. Savoy House is a very reputable brand, and I wanted to make sure that the product I was purchasing would be manufactured by a more “quality conscious” brand.
You might not think that the lights you ultimately go with will matter, but they do! Some might not provide the type of power you’re looking for, or even just give off a weird hue of light that you’re not fond of. It’s critical that you’re happy with your purchase, and I was definitely happy when I got my hands on this particular lantern. You’re probably thinking about what would go into a fantastic outdoor wall lantern, and the Savoy house 07071-BLK Exterior Collections 3-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern met every single requirement I had. You might be thinking to yourself, “what makes up the best outdoor traditional fixtures out there today?”. Well, some of those traits would have to be:
- Pricing – Take a look at the price and think about the quality of the product, is it going to be worth it? Is it reasonably priced to the point where you wouldn’t mind getting two or three? Most people don’t just purchase a single outdoor light fixture.
- Materials – The materials should be of the highest quality, otherwise the light fixture isn’t going to be around for very long. They have a tendency to get beat up by weather conditions, so making sure it’s a sturdy product is crucial before making a purchase.
- Power – The light power that’s being output should be more than reasonable, but it shouldn’t be overpowering. Find that perfect fit, and you’ll never have to worry about seeing in the dark again.
- Reputation – All of the reputable companies on the market will always bring a better product to the table, that’s just how it works! I looked up some of top outdoor light fixture companies and started from there.
- Efficiency – Will the light turn off when it’s supposed to? Does it have an energy conserving process to make use of? These are the questions we need to ask ourselves!
Pro’s & Con’s
- It’s not expensive at all, and only costs $98 USD – originally cost $138 USD (when it isn’t on sale)
- Although it isn’t expensive, it’s still a high-quality exterior light to make use of (no matter what kind of look you’re going for, as the lantern can apply to both commercial and residential needs)
- Has a black finish that’s paired with beveled glass
- Comes equipped with three 40W candelabra base incandescent bulbs
- Easy to install – so just about anybody will have the ability to properly set the lantern up by their own means
- It’s just downright beautiful, people are constantly telling me how amazing they look (and I’m the kind of person who could never get enough compliments)
- Should be received in a timely manner when it comes to shipping
- Not everybody wants to have their exterior lights sport a “lantern-like” look, so that’s something that you might want to change around
- Three lights aren’t enough power in some cases, so you might have to look around for an exterior light that carries a bit more power.
- Powered by an electric cord, some individuals would prefer a light that powers itself through the use of solar power (or anything other than a hard wire)
- This light only comes in the shade of black, so you haven’t got a lot of choice in regards to the color that you would like
The pro’s greatly outweigh the con’s, so I was completely fine with purchasing a few of the Savoy House 0701-BLK Exterior Collections 3-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern. In total, I purchase three of these lights, as I had three major areas of my patio section that needed to be lit. I installed them quite easily, as I didn’t even need to call up my husband for some help! I couldn’t be happier with the results that I got in the end, so there’s no complaints on this end; I’m just here to endorse the Savoy House 07071-BLK Exterior Collections 3-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern with honesty.