Have you ever looked at the outside of your home and thought, “wow, how the heck am I supposed to see at night?”. You may have had your exterior light fixture broken recently, or maybe even haven’t made use of one at all (that is, until now!). Seeing in the dark isn’t just a fad, we all have something that we’d like to do at night time. You can’t make the most out of your property without the proper lights involved, and that’s why I’m going to be reviewing a wall lantern today. The wall lantern that I’m going to be looking at is called the Maxim Lighting 3423WGOB Carriage House 2-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern. It has a bottom mount, as well as an Oriental bronze finish; it’s one of the best looking lanterns I’ve ever had the privilege of taking a gander at. If you haven’t ever purchased a wall lantern before, there’s nothing to worry about. This article should give you all you need to know about buying exterior light fixtures, as well as explain why the Maxim Lighting 3423WGOB could be the perfect fit for your home (or commercial project, wherever the light happens to be making its debut!).
The reviews had nothing but great things to say about this lantern, so it pretty much tipped me off. I had an idea about how great the lantern was going to be, but I really didn’t realize what it would offer me until it had come to my front door! Maxim Lighting really worked its magic with this one, and it’s even one of the more affordable lanterns too. I saw a lot of the much more expensive ones and figured that it wasn’t for me, as I’m the kind of who’s going to pinch a penny wherever possible. There are definitely cheaper wall lanterns to buy, but this one is pretty balanced when it comes to both quality and price. You get a lot of “bang for your buck”, and that’s essentially what I had been looking for. This lantern has a height of 20 inches, which isn’t very large when you compare it to some of the other lanterns Maxim Lighting has on the market. It’s got a width of 9 inches, and you’re going to need two 60-watt candelabra incandescent bulbs to use. 60-watt candelabra incandescent bulbs provide a generous amount of light, so I knew I was getting into something good.
Maxim Lighting is a company that’s been around since its original inception in 1970, so that’s well over 40+ years of providing people with wall lanterns they can have faith in. What makes them so high-quality, you might ask? Well:
- Pricing – Maxim Lighting is always going to make sure that we (the consumers) are getting a fair deal. This means that they aren’t going to overprice products and they’ll always give us a quality item to make use of (whereas many other companies will cut corners in both aspects)
- Longevity – Maxim Lighting also provides outdoor lighting fixtures that won’t break easily, and that’s one of the most positive things to look for in any outdoor traditional fixture. They’ll stick around, and you won’t have to buy new ones every year – it’s a win-win situation!
- Reputation – Maxim Lighting has always been regarded as one of the top exterior lighting providers on the market, and they continue to earn that title by bringing products like the Maxim Lighting 3423WGOB model to the market
- Easy-to-Order – With one click on a button you could have the wall lantern of your dreams shipping to your home, don’t you just love the 21st century?
Next, we’re going to look at the pro’s and con’s. Pay attention to the next portion of this review, as it’s going to break down why the Maxim Lighting 3423WGOB model is the perfect for just about any outdoor lighting need. Since it’s the perfect blend of both being affordable and looking unique, this is a wall lantern that will make the cut (regardless of how intense your requirements might be!).
Pro’s & Con’s
Comparing the positive traits to the negative traits is always a good idea, no matter what type of product you’re interested in buying. Without weighing both the pro’s and the con’s, you’ll never know what you’re getting yourself into.
- Manufactured by Maxim Lighting, one of the more reputable companies you’ll ever find
- Isn’t too expensive, either – it only costs $150 USD (and is actually on sale right now, it usually costs $162 USD)
- Isn’t too large nor too small, I would say it’s the perfect size of wall lantern to have
- Oriental bronze finish with clear glass
- UL listed for a hardwired connection being used in wet locations – you won’t have to worry about the power in any case
- Will look amazing with any other product from the Carriage House DC collection!
- Easy to install and even easier to look at
- Only weighs 8 pounds, so it’s considered as being one of the lightest wall lanterns currently on the market (at this size, of course)
- The lights are some of the brightest money can buy
- The rustic style of this wall lantern isn’t going to fit with absolutely everything, so you’re more than likely going to be restricted to additional pieces only coming from the Carriage House DC collection
- Some people have said that they received the product with broken glass in the box – although this is more of a shipping problem and Amazon was able to fix it almost immediately
The Maxim Lighting 3423WGOB Carriage House 2-Light Outdoor Wall Lantern is one that I’ve grown fond of, and now you can understand why that is. If these seem like the kind of wall lantern you’ve been looking for, don’t wait around any longer! Now is the perfect time to purchase a brand new (or a replacement, depending on your situation) exterior lighting fixture, so act fast.