I’ve been doing a lot of writing lately, and Maxim Lighting has been constantly coming up. There are a couple of reasons as to why Maxim Lighting has become the brand that they are today, and most of it is due to the dedication they put towards creating high-quality outdoor wall lanterns. I won’t be fooled by marketing schemes and overpriced products, I’m the sort of individuals that’s going to get the dirty work done in order to get the best price possible! I know that there are reputable light fixture brands out there like Maxim Lighting or even Lithonia, but I wasn’t really sure as to what made them good. I did a little research and was able to compile a list of things that made up a fantastic light fixture, as well as a list of the best light fixtures I’ve seen so far. The Maxim Lighting 3422WGOB Carriage House DC 2-Light Mount Outdoor 16-Inch Wall Lantern is a treat for just about any property, because it’s got that “look”.
This line of lighting fixtures has many different models to choose from, all of which have very subtle differences (but appear to be almost the same). The differences can vary, all the way from the size of the lantern itself to the amount of light bulbs that are being used. You can also take the voltage measurements into account, as some lanterns will carry more power (thus, offer more light in your area) than others. Maxim Lighting tends to meet every need you might have when it comes to an exterior wall lantern, but what exactly are these needs? Here’s a quick and compact list of what you should be seeking in your exterior lantern products:
- Be Cheap, But Not Too Cheap! – Try and find an exterior lantern that’s not going to break your bank, but don’t go about getting one that costs a few dollars, either. Odds are it’s going to break before you even manage to install it properly, you get what you pay for in this industry (and, well, every other retail industry).
- Experienced Brands – Experienced brands have been in the industry for a long time, so they already know what the consumer is looking out for. When a company is keeping the consumers best interests in mind, I’m probably going to lean towards buying their products; that’s just the way things work.
- Style – Since it’s actually going to be an addition to your home, you should take the style of specific exterior lanterns into account. Outdoor traditional fixtures like these come in many sizes and colors, and in some cases even shapes.
- Will It Stick Around? – Being durable is a trait that many lanterns seem to fall short on, and that means they’re going to be dealing with a lot more than battling the darkness. A light that isn’t durable won’t help keep your darker areas lit for long, so spring for the good stuff. You won’t regret it, just ask anybody who has had to buy new lanterns more than once throughout the year.
These are all traits that should be present in the perfect exterior traditional fixture, so make sure you’ve got a checklist present when you’re shopping. The Maxim Lighting 3422WGOB Carriage House DC 2-Light Mount Outdoor 16-Inch Wall Lantern would definitely fit the criteria of a perfect outdoor traditional fixture, but every product has its negative side!
Pro’s & Con’s
This section will look at the pro’s and con’s regarding the Maxim Lighting 3422WGOB Carriage House DC 2-Light Mount Outdoor 16-Inch Wall Lantern, so it should give you a rather good idea as to how amazing of a lantern it really is. Without comparing the pro’s and con’s, you’ll never really understand whether the outdoor lighting fixture will be worth it or not. It isn’t that hard, especially when somebody has already put the list together for you; the only thing you’ve got to do at this point is read!
- Maxim Lighting is a reputable brand, so you know the product is going to be well-made right off of the bat
- Moderately priced as it only costs $98 USD, which is relatively cheaper than some of the other Maxim Lighting counterparts you may come across
- Has two 60W candelabra incandescent bulbs to make use of
- Oriental bronze finish that is accented by water glass (for an effective look that people will notice)
- Easy to install and even easier to make use of, so you won’t be sitting there for hours wondering why the light hasn’t turned on yet (it happened to me, and it can happen to you!)
- Rustic-styled, suitable for just about any need (regarding exterior lights, or even interior lights) imaginable
- Weighs about 6.5 pounds, which is definitely on the heavier side of things when it comes to light fixtures. It’s not unbearable, but it isn’t ideal either (unless you’ve got the right mount and support)
- This variation of Maxim’s outdoor traditional lighting line is one of the smaller variations, so you might want to move up a size or two – it’s all about preference
- They’re actually made in China, which can be a pretty large knock in some cases (there are individuals who don’t believe in buying imported goods, but there’s so many things made in China these days!)
There you have, an in-depth review regarding the Maxim Lighting 3422WGOB Carriage House DC 2-Light Mount Outdoor 16-Inch Wall Lantern. Wall lanterns may seem like they’re all the same right now, but when you dig a little bit deeper and begin to understand everything, it starts to make sense. Light is very important in modern society, you almost never see a home without any exterior lights. We can see in the dark as humans, but we’ve got the next best thing! Don’t take exterior lights for granted, and make sure you don’t overlook the Maxim Lighting 3422WGOB model.