If you’ve ever gotten into the habit of looking at outdoor lighting fixtures, you’re probably already quite acquainted with the brand known as Lithonia. Lithonia has been producing high-quality lighting products for quite some time now, and they’ve proven themselves on the market time and time again. When you want a light fixture that’s going to stick around for the long run, you purchase one from Lithonia; that’s just how it is! I’m actually in the industry of keeping people’s buildings lit up (commercially, of course), because not everyone is well versed in the field of outdoor lighting fixtures. When you have the ability to use a product like the Lithonia OLW 23 M2, you should take it! It’s the most optimal choice for just about anybody, and it’s the light that I fit most of my projects with. This light has been treating me well for a decent amount of time, so it only feels right to recommend the product to my fellow readers.
Everybody who has a home will know how important outdoor lighting fixtures can be, can you imagine what would happen if the outside of your home was never illuminated? It would leave you vulnerable to things like pests or rodents, as well as security breaches! If your lights don’t turn on (as a security warning, hence the term “security lights”), you might not see a tragic event coming. It might seem a little be over-dramatic right now, but that’s just the reality of this situation. Outdoor light fixtures like this one are crucial in just about every single industry, it’s just a matter of whether the impact is large or small. You might be wondering: how am I supposed to know whether and outdoor lighting fixture is reasonable enough? Well, here’s how:
- Efficiency – The outdoor lighting fixture you make use of should be as efficient as they come, which would be offering up things like a dusk to dawn timer setting
- Pricing – You never want to pay over $300 for the outdoor lighting fixture you end up using (that could just be a rule that I personally follow, but you never know)
- Longevity – You don’t want a lighting fixture that’s going to break after a few months of use, longevity is key when it comes to purchasing a product like this!
- Reputation – If the brand that’s manufacturing the product is reputable, odds are the lighting fixture is going to be one that you grow to love
The Lithonia OLW 23 M2 Dark variation has a sleek design to it, as it looks almost like a street lamp. It’s wall mounted, so it’s going to sit flat on the surface of a wall and extend out; something that most outdoor light fixtures do. The light itself is said to be one of the most powerful on the market, so if you’re looking for an extensive amount of illumination, this would probably be the product to keep in mind. You should always take the looks into account as well, as you don’t exactly want the ugliest light fixture sitting on the side of your building. Understanding how the fixture is supposed to be installed is a crucial step, because without proper installation it isn’t going to work properly. If you’re a first-timer, make sure that you’re following the instructions as closely as possible.
Pros & Cons
With any product on the market, you’ve got to compare the many different pro’s and con’s that they’re offering up. If a product related to outdoor light fixtures has more con’s than it does pro’s, why would you even consider purchasing it? Weigh the pro’s and con’s before you make a purchase, and that applies to every other product you could ever think about buying. The Lithonia OLW 23 M2 Dark outdoor lighting fixture isn’t perfect, but I can safely tell you that the Lithonia OLW 23 Dark BZ is one of the most amazing things I’ve been able to get my hands on (and trust me, I’ve had the privilege of using many different lighting fixtures in the past).
- Manufacturers are Lithonia, one of the most reputable brands when it comes to outdoor lighting fixtures
- Fitted with an aluminum housing (weather-resistant) that’s also equipped with a bronze finish
- Poly-carbonate lens that helps protect the optics within the lighting fixture
- 10 different LEDS, all of which are 5000k (and powered by a 120-volt driver, also uses 35 input watts)
- Can be used with either a wall or arm mount
- Dusk to dawn settings, used to conserve the amount of energy that your lighting fixtures use
- Doesn’t look too industrial – perfect for both residential and commercial uses
- The LED bulbs are maintenance-free, meaning you won’t need to stress over their longevity as much
- Made out of metal and housed in an aluminum casing, it’s one of the sturdiest lighting fixtures on the market (if not the sturdiest)
- Isn’t for the cheapest person around – usually retails for ~$300 (but is currently on sale for half of the price)
- The manual that comes with this fixture has been acclaimed as “not helpful”, which isn’t exactly ideal if you’re going through the installation process for a first time
- Might not fit as snug into your required area as you’d like – it’s always a good idea to look up the specs (10.5 x 9 x 3 inches) before you go about purchasing it entirely
- Weighs around three pounds (3 lbs), which can be considered relatively heavy in a sense (when it comes to outdoor lighting fixtures, of course)
I’ll back the Lithonia OLW 23 M2 Dark BZ LED Outdoor Wall Pack/Area Light as long as I can, because I honestly have faith in this product. It hasn’t let me down yet, and that means the odds of it letting you (the reader) down are very slim. It’s efficient and you don’t have to pay way too much money for it, what else could you really ask for? The perfect outdoor lighting fixture has never been this easy to find, especially since it’s one of the toughest markets to navigate as a consumer.