If you’ve heard the name Lithonia before, you’re more than likely already aware as to how high-quality the outdoor light fixtures they produce can be. Now, when it comes to the outdoor light fixture market, there’s always going to be a few manufacturers who produce a “lackluster” product (to say the least). You may need outdoor lights for an abundance of reasons, and one of them would include working throughout the night (on whatever the project may be). Without light, we’re pretty much blind in the darkness; we aren’t bats and we can’t use echolocation to track everything around us! I personally love working with Lithonia products, as I’m a woodworker who enjoys crafting things outside. I would say that I’m a night time sort of person (as opposed to a morning person), so I get some of my great work completed when the moon touches the stars.
If you’re anything like me, you’re not the type of person to leave a stone un-turned. As a result, I’ve had the ability to go through a number of different outdoor light fixtures in my day, and it’s led me to stick with the Lithonia OLAW23 53K fixture. The most efficient area lights are always going to bring your property together, regardless of what you end up using them for. You could use them for a security light or simply as a light source for the dark nights, but I prefer to use them in order to light up my backyard area. You always want to weigh the pro’s and con’s of a product like this, because it will open your eyes a little bit. By weighing the pro’s and con’s, you now have the ability to look deeper into the products; this should help you understand why you might need an outdoor light fixture (or even how you should go about purchasing one). I had medium expectations in regards to this project, but I learned relatively quickly that it was going to surpass my requirements (by a long shot!). This circular light fixture was able to provide every single outdoor space (that I needed, mind you) I needed with illumination, so I’m definitely a believer.
The Lithonia OLAW 23 lighting fixture is completely maintenance free, and is perfect for outdoor illumination of all types. This means the light could apply to both residential and commercial areas, it’s just a matter of how you want to go about using them. They could be used on parking locations, garages or even something as simple as a walkway – the opportunities are seemingly endless.
Pros & Cons
Like stated before, you have to weigh the pro’s and con’s before you decide to make a purchase. It’s just not smart to jump right into buying a product without doing a bit of research, especially when you’re looking through the outdoor illumination market! Think about how many times you’ve purchased a product that did nothing but let you down – you shouldn’t let things like that slip through the cracks. I took the time out of my day to research the Lithonia OLAW23 quite diligently, and I came up with some pretty interesting results.
If you need an outdoor light, this is probably the one for you; just keep in mind that every single product on the market place is going to have a con or two (nothing is perfect). No need to worry, because I’ve compiled a list of both pro’s and con’s for you to take a look at – all you have to do at this point is read through.
- The light beam itself can cover a decent amount of ground, so it’s a relatively strong light to make use of – you don’t need to worry about the light shining into your neighbors windows!
- Dusk to dawn function works perfectly, allowing the light to conserve as much power/energy as possible (the lights automatically turn off at dusk and turn on at dawn)
- The color of the light is actually quite neat to look at – sometimes people can pick out specific colors that they’d like to see (personally, I made use of a security that which incorporated a yellow tint)
- LED’s can get expensive, but this light fixture has LED bulbs that are maintenance free; meaning you won’t have to constantly buy light bulbs
- They look nice on the side of any building, as they’re sleek when it comes to the design
- Wall/arm mounts applicable
- 10 5000k LED lights within the lighting fixture
- A lens made up of clear poly-carbonate, used to keep the internal optics intact
- Equipped with a weather-resistant outer casing – one that’s made up of aluminum with a bronze finish
- Installation can be a bit tough if it’s your first time – some people have said that they needed an extension rod (in specific cases)
- Powered through the use of a hard wire, which isn’t going to be ideal in some cases
- Some people have said that the light only lasted them a few months, although this is usually due to a poor installation process (and since this one is kind of tough to install, it only makes sense)
- Some people would a little more power behind their outdoor light fixtures
- Somewhat expensive – there are definitely cheaper alternatives out there (that might not work as well)
The Lithonia OLAW23 53K 120 PE BZ M2 LED Outdoor Wall Pack Area Light has worked wonders for me, and it’s probably going to work wonders for you, too. Outdoor lights get a lot of hassle these days, because as a consumer we want the best quality product possible (at the lowest price). As somebody who is always outside in the darkness, I’ve found a certain type of safety when it comes to my outdoor light fixtures – who knows what could be lurking out there in the night!
Just kidding, of course; everybody knows that the Chupacabra isn’t real.