Outdoor lighting fixtures can come in many different sizes, and that’s why finding the perfect fit isn’t going to be as easy as some people make it out to be. You never want to just jump into purchasing an outdoor wall mount, especially if you want one that’s going to become useful as time progresses. If there’s one thing I can stand, it’s an outdoor wall mount area light that doesn’t get the job handled properly. This is going to be a review regarding the “Lithonia OLW14 LED Outdoor Wall Mount Area Light”, one of the most efficient outdoor lights I’ve ever had the privilege of using. I do a lot of outdoor work when it comes to the winter and such, and the nights pop up quicker than they normally would. As a result, I found myself in dire need of working lights while I was outside, and the solution that I came up with happened to be an outdoor wall mount area light. Lithonia is known for producing high-quality lighting products, so I knew I was going to get a piece of equipment that I could really grow to enjoy.
Honestly, there are a lot of outdoor lighting products out there that just don’t get the job done. They either don’t produce enough light, or they simply cost way too much money. I’m the kind of person that’s always going to keep an eye out for a deal or two, especially when it comes to something as pricey as producing an outdoor light source to work in. I didn’t want to go too cheap (because that’s only going to cause more problems than it would solve, I’ve learned that from first-hand experiences), and it led me to the Lithonia OLW14 LED Outdoor Wall Mount Area Light. The best outdoor wall mount area lights are going to be:
- Efficient – They’ll work when they’re supposed to, and they’ll do so for a long period of time
- Affordable – You don’t have to pay more than a couple of hundred dollars for the “perfect fit”, as some of the middle-priced models still have a lot to offer
- Sturdy – The materials are going to make sure that your outdoor light source doesn’t break so easily
- Customizable – Having the ability to make adjustments to the light source is important, keep that in mind!
These are all traits that would apply to the most optimal option when it comes to your outdoor wall mount area light needs, and the Lithonia OLW14 LED Outdoor Wall Mount Area Light meets every single requirement.
So, What Makes It Amazing?
I’ve been using the Lithonia OLW14 LED Outdoor Wall Mount Area Light for a couple of months now, and I really couldn’t argue with the results. I had a deck that I wanted to completely finish by the time March rolled around, and I was able to work through a couple of nights (alongside my handy Lithonia OLW14 LED Outdoor Wall Mount Area Light, of course). It has the ability to match up with any of the other high end outdoor wall mount area lights on the market right now, and that’s one of the main reasons why I felt like it was going to help me out immensely.
The specifications of an outdoor wall mount area light are important, because they allows you to understand much more about the product itself. We’re going to cover the specifications in this portion, as well as talk about why they’re beneficial (and some of the cons regarding this product – because nothing is perfect in this world!). If you didn’t know much about the Lithonia OLW14 LED Outdoor Wall Mount Area Light before, you’re going to know much more now!
Pros / Cons
- This is one of the sturdiest outdoor lighting fixtures the market has ever produced, as it’s made up of weather-resistant aluminum (in regards to the outer housing) – it comes with a sleek bronze finish
- Both surfaces and recessed mount A universal junction box comes included with your purchase of this product (it comes standard)
- There are 8 high-performance LED’s within this outdoor wall mount area light – all of which are 5470k and powered by a multi-volt (120v-277v) LED driver (makes use of 26.45 input watts)
- Lights come adjustable all the way from dusk to dawn, and the photocell standard automatically controls the light to conserve energy (by turning it on at dusk and turning it off at dawn)
- Protected from a maximum of 6kv surge (standard)
- You don’t need batteries – which means you don’t have to worry about the light dying on you
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee, so you’ve got nothing to worry about when it comes to getting a refund as well
- Isn’t the cheapest outdoor wall mount area light on the market, but it still performs like one of the most expensive ones you can come across – isn’t exactly suitable for the “cheap” type
- When mounted on brick walls it has a tendency to leave a bit of the receptacle uncovered, which can be annoying in some cases
- Some people aren’t a big fan of the LED light (although it’s the most practical type when it comes to a piece of outdoor lighting equipment)
It isn’t bulky and it’s one of the most recommended pieces of outdoor lighting equipment I could find, so it only felt right to give it a shot. I couldn’t be happier with the set up I’ve got right now, and I owe it all to the Lithonia OLW15 LED Outdoor Wall Mount Area Light. There are a few “bumps along the road”, but it’s a great light fixture to have regardless. I would recommend it to just about every single one of my readers, especially if you have a dire need for outdoor lighting sources.
We’ve all purchased a product in the past that we didn’t enjoy that much, this isn’t one of them.